06 Dec Japanese Italian Pasta.. Yeah You Heard Me!
Japanese noodles kill the game! BUT many do not realize that Italian Pasta and Japanese flavors create magic! Not to mention, this is perfect after a night of drinking and soooo easy to cook. Sauce made of melted butter and a splash of soy sauce (aka shoyu in Hawai’i). Check out my recipe below.
- 1/2 lb. Squid Ink Pasta (or favorite Italian pasta for seafood cuisine)
- 1 1/2 ounces Mentaiko (Pollock roe)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- Nori (seaweed) strips for garnish
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until al dente
- Slice mentaiko lobes open and scrape out roe into a bowl. Reserve extra roe for garnish if desired. Add soy sauce and melted butter to bowl with roe and mix to combine
- Add cooked pasta to bowl of butter sauce and toss. Mix in 1/4 cup pasta water to bowl and toss with ingredients. Transfer to serving bowls with reserved roe, nori strips, and SERVE :).