14 Jul Fish in a BAG
It’s in the bag! Sometimes the best dishes are fishes. I created a yummy halibut in a bag, which saves you time so you can spend quality moments with the most important people in your life… friends and family. First off, I suggest a nice dry rose with this dish! Secondly, here is my recipe lol:
- 4-6 ounce steaks of your favorite white fish (I chose halibut)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into 12 rounds
- 1/4 cup of your favorite olives (I chose Manzanilla Olives)
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350. Toss the tomatoes with olive oil and vinegar. Bake the tomatoes for 30 minutes, until roasted.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Season the halibut with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place 12-inch-long sheets of parchment paper on a work surface. Arrange 4 lemon slices in the center of each sheet and top with a halibut fillet. Place the roasted tomatoes, olives, garlic, and zucchini evenly around the fish. Fold the parchment over the fish and vegetables and seal.
- Transfer the papillotes to a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes and serve.